Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's. . . .

interesting.
When I lost all my hair with chemo it didn't bother me at all.
I shaved my head, and off I went.
When the brain thing happened, they shaved the area that they removed for surgery and then when I got home from the hospital we attempted to buzz the rest of the hair off, and Eric was extra careful around the "zipper"
At that time I was pretty freaked out how the side of my head looked.
My once smooth and nicely shaped head was now sunken in above my ear and then this lumpy bumpy track like zipper thing.
Ok, so now. . . .3 months later and 2 Gamma Knifes later. . . .
The sunken in area, not so bad and the zipper thing, not so bad, has smoothed out quite a bit.
I still have itching and numbness along parts of what was the zipper. No biggie
But what still remains and is weird is the patch of missing hair. (a result of the Gamma)
I know, I'm the one that shaves my head, I actually kind of like my hair at this length..1/8 inch (ha ha)
But the patch thing...no bueno... I am considering Nioxin, or maybe one of those bows that they stick on a baby's head..
You know, the baby that looks like it could be a boy or a girl, so the mom goes and buys one of those sticky bows for her head.
I wonder if the glue will stick like the adhesive they used on the bandages they stuck on my head when I was in the hospital.
That was not fun trying to get the damn glue off.
Hmmm

3 comments:

  1. o dear o dear o dear....seems like enough already for you..dontcha think? talk about adding insult to injury...

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least having super short hair in the summertime could be a bonus! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy dear...our group of 'breast friends' is meeting again this Saturday for lunch. would love to have you join in if you feel up to it...email me for more info...hhamlett55@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete