Friday, May 15, 2009

So it begins. . . . . .

Well, I've had the lumpectomy, and we found cancer in one of my lymph nodes.
I will have a port put in on Monday 5-18, and start chemo on 5-19...I really have no idea what to expect. I am scared about all of this, some moments are good, some are not, but I will go forward and take it as it comes, because the alternative is not possible.
I feel blessed that I have an amazing husband and daughter and some wonderful friends.
Monday they will start cooking for us, and being the kind of person I am, (I'm the do-er), this is going to be an interesting experience letting others do for me.
All part of the Journey, and so it begins....

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this...I am always up for new adventures so just know there are many of us who will be along for the journey with you. As I write on your blog I am tearful because I know you are scared. I am scared for you too! I really felt from day one that years from now we will look back on this time and know that your strength carried you through and that now you are a great source of compassion and strength to others. I feel that will be your gift to many women who will go through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,

    I think this blog is a fantastic idea. It will be a great way for you to vent all your feelings (which will help you heal) as well as giving your friends a chance to keep in touch and abreast with what's going on without you having to repeat a zillion details. Of course you're scared! Who wouldn't be? I hope you can just be with it and take it all one step, one hour, one day at a time. We'll all be here to try to help as much as possible, but I have a feeling that a big part of this is about you learning to take care of you. :)
    Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete